Friday, January 9, 2009

Life on Mars / Pittsburgh

Today I'm travelling with a friend to Pittsburgh to see The 55th Carnegie International: Life on Mars. It opened last May and closes on Sunday, so I've basically waited until the last possible minute to check it out. I saw the last International three years ago and was not impressed. I've heard better things about this one so I'm optimistic. We'll probably also go to the Warhol and the Mattress Factory. Given the title of the show, the Warhol connections (knowing him, singing about him, and playing him on multiple occasions), and the fact that he turned 62 yesterday, I'm posting this incredibly awesome picture of David Bowie.


1 comment:

mark said...

It that a grapefruit in his front pocket... or is he just glad to see me.

Nice eyepatch, that could be my new look... Pirates are still big, right?