Friday, November 18, 2011

Montague Projects in "Typography Sketchbooks"




I'm happy to tell you that I have work in Steven Heller and Lita Talrico's book, Typography Sketchbooks. The book is packed with heavy hitters (Art Chantry, Ivan Chermayeff, Milton Glaser, Erik Spiekermann), I'm not entirely sure what I'm doing in their company! When asked to contribute for the theme of typography sketchbooks, I decided to use the notes and files from the design process for the Frazer/Montague Design logo. The first spread is from an actual notebook and the second is one of the sprawling Illustrator documents I generate when I am trying out different directions for the design of a logo. I might have been a little too honest, a lot of the work in this book looks like finished work that involves typography. Also, they don't show my final design, for the logo (below), but that's OK, the reader basically gets a sense of it from the first spread.


No comments: